Kia ora, I'm Hedley—
I'm a software engineer specialising in data products and applications. My primary interests include dashboards and web applications; data engineering and architecture; and effective data communication (read: pretty plots).
I may be able to help you in the following areas:
- R's Shiny framework for data-centric web applications and dashboards:
- Developing new data products;
- Performance optimisation and debugging;
- Data and system architecture, including web hosting and deployment.
- Custom, publication-ready data graphics;
- Data pipelines (e.g., ETL workflows with SQL, Python and R);
- Training individuals or teams in R and Shiny.
For pricing and more information, click here.
– I often read that a great way to get better at programming is to contribute to open-source projects. The problem is, open-source projects that are looking for help aren't all that easy to find. To find some leads on such projects, we can use the GitHub API.
– We can use RStudio's open-source version of Shiny Server to host our own Shiny apps on a Ubuntu 20.04 cloud server.